Child : 6 to 9 years
Junior : 10 to 14 years
Procedure: There will be total 2 rounds.
- Audition Round
Audition Round (Date: Feb 23 th, 2019- Saturday 9AM to 12 Noon)
- Participants can choose to sing any devotional song from any Indian language.
- Total length of the song should not exceed 2-3 minutes.
- Please note that the judges CAN STOP AT ANYTIME DURING THE PERFORMANCE, as they can assess the child’s capability within a reasonable amount of time
- Sai Temple Committee team requests participants to avoid indecent or obscene lyrics.
- Karaoke tracks should NOT be used for Audition round. Only tambura or some form of drone for Sruti can be used.
- Judging will be based on Sruthi, Laya and Diction. A select number of participants in each category will advance to the finals.
- Kids advancing to next round will be notified by email.
Semi-Final / Final Round (Date: Mar 9th, 2019 – Saturday from 9AM to 12 Noon)
- For Semifinal you need to present a devotional song in any language limited to 3 min (1st Pallavi + 1st Charanam)
- You can present the song using Karaoke/Music Track , however you are responsible for the quality of the track.
- Emphasis will be given to expression, complexity of the song and ease with which singer is rendering the song.
- Participants must come prepared with two songs one for Semifinal and one for Final Round
Drawing competition for the children studying KG to Middle School level. The theme for the contest is drawing/painting that relates to Shirdi Sai temple of Atlanta. Temple will provide table, chair and drawing paper (11×14), and child to bring crayons and watercolors and clip board. During the competition no other persons, except members from the organizing team, are allowed to be with the students. Please read below for the specific details.
Level 1: KG to 2nd Grade (10AM—11AM)
- An outline of Sai’s picture will be provided and child color with crayons. (Students should bring their own crayons or pastel pencils and clip board)
- Maximum time allotted is one hour
Level 2: 3rd to 5th Grade (12PM—1:30PM)
- A sample picture related to Shirdi Sai will be shown.
- Child will draw and paint using water colors.
- Maximum time allotted is one and half hour
We have limited seating capacity. Please register below: